View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar vrs 225, 1995,5.7, X2 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad3 View Post
mikeg205: Thanks for the link, I have read that and seems like very good advice!

j.mcc: thanks for the thoughts. That is my biggest sticking part right now....the lack of a test drive!

sand2snow: thank you, what would you consider a good price? I was thinking around $35?

Thrall: I will def be checking the hours as it is a chevy. Sounds like he sold his cabin 2.5 years ago so hasn't used it much at all since then. This may be a partial reason for the low hours. Would taking it to a MC dealer to have it checked out be a reasonable move? Probably the biggest thing is the lack of test driving. Seems some say a thorough run through is good enough, others say absolutely not without a test. Not sure what to do!

Other thoughts? Is the vinyl in 2005 past the problem years for sure?
Hello, i have a 2005 x2 and for sure its a super all around hull. On mine it had something like 700 hours when i purchased it . The vinyl on the engine hatch and on the front seat is cracked. also i had to replace 2 ballast pump and some impeller in the others pumps. other than that. no problem with the boat.. i paid a little less than 33k 3 years ago.

Last thing, make sure you inspect the brake and change the tires on the trailer. The brake on a boat trailer need a lot of love..