Thread: The NFL
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
When it comes to playoffs, Manning threw for more yards than brady in every head to head playoff match-up.

As for stats and facts. Here are a couple that you can't ignore. Matt Cassell's magical 2008 season in New England when brady went down, he ended up passing for more yards than brady did in 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2006. Not only that, but he had a higher yards per game average than brady's 2001, 2003, and 2006 seasons. So there is a HUGE argument that the system produces these numbers, not the players skill. As you can see, take Cassell out of the system and he is pedestrian. A test of a great QB is, take him off the team, place him somewhere else and see what he does. Please refer to Favre, Brees, and Manning. brady is not at the same level as these guys.

I concede that brady is a good QB. But he is not as good as the repeated perception.
Yes, yes he is. I've heard people say the system excuse for Peyton too (when in Indy). I' quite sure that is Brady went elsewhere, he'd still put up MVP numbers.

BTW, I was talking all around playoff numbers, not head to head. Can Peyton match Brady's 17 playoff wins? LOL