View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Started getting my to-do list in order of priority vs. wish list items for the project 190.

With many other items that I would like to devote time to on this boat, putting in a big stereo system is really not at the top of my list.

We most likely will only have a basic stereo receiver with an ipod hook up and probably 4 regular speakers for now.

One thing that I am going to need asap is a new battery.

Does is make sense for me to get a blue optima battery for $200 or just a regular $100 deep cell like a Die Hard or Interstate?

Any suggestions?
I too have succumb to a basic stereo setup and it's not like I miss anything. I installed the Clarion M309 this off-season. Amazon for $169 US. I like to talk, slalom and barefoot ski, and relax in the boat. Louder music isn't a necessity for me, although a super system sounds good when I am around others that have the mega-sound.
Blue tops are a little more than $200 in my neck of the woods, more like $250.

I used Optima blues for several years and they are a decent battery. When I went to a dual battery system (for my small amp that drives four cabin speakers), I put in two Interstate batteries and am pleased. Where I think a battery gets its longevity is by keeping it properly charged year-in and year-out. I have a Battery Tender on each, that I keep plugged in year-round.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767