Thread: SLED-jack'd
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
OUCH....when you "Break" things in you don't mess around! Hope nobody was injured, including the sled.
Other than 1 day of riding around our property, my sleds have not been off the trailer. This weather pattern really is odd as most of the places we go got hit with the big meltdown. Hopefully this turns around quick or I may be trading the sleds in on 4 wheelers!
Yeah really! Had 18mi on it when I pulled it off the deck that morning. Newest anything with an engine I've ever owned! This happened 2 mi later. Actually no damage to anything except my pride and slight bumper alignment req'd. Got lucky. I was following some guys in "the back way". Had a couple sleds beached where the line up the hill was, so I picked another line.........hard snow, it hooked up like mad and I tail walked it into the tree! So the sled actually hit vertical and kinda stuck there in the tree like I hung it off the front bumper. Pic was after I drug it backwards off the tree.
Fun stuff, but I waspretty rattled afterwards.
Regarding the weather, yeah my buddies in the midwest are pissed. No snow all the way up into the UP.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN