View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBarney View Post
Went to a dealership a couple of weeks ago to look at the new MC's. X55, X35, X25 were all walked through by me, the wife, and kids.

Honest to goodness truth, after almost 1.5 hours, the wife and kids all chose the same boat that they liked the best.....................

It was one of the Cobalts that they had 'visited' by mistake (dealer sales them too)!

Now don't get me wrong, I have over a dozen MC posters in our ski room. Several MC hats and a proud sticker on my truck. I love Mastercraft. I really really really want to stay with them.

But I also will not be blinded by any brand. And the giddy feeling that I had 10 years ago when I got my X30 just wasn't there. Quality is top notch. Performance it there too. But aesthetically, MC is behind.

I don't write this to stir the pot. Just to vent. And keep from crying
I know what you mean. I too love Cobalts. Great quality; classic lines; no unnecessary gadgets. If I could find a 222 or a 226 with a tower for the same price as I got my Maristar for I would probably switch. And I'm saying this after I dreamed of having a Maristar for 15 years.