View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
REV8 vs REV10 for OEM 02 tower?

I greatly appreciate all the input in my other thread about revamping my 02 X30 tower speakers. I focused in on the REV10s as they seemed perfect for a single pair of speakers. However, I just realized they may be too big to work with my OEM tower and OEM bimini.

On my current setup, I've got a pair of 6 1/2 speaker cans which aren't tapered in the front and the mount is toward the speaker itself. The bimini barely clears the leading inferior edge of the front of the cans. On another thread, someone described the REV10s as "basketball" size and it hit me that the REV10s may be too big. The hang height of the REV8 is 9 1/16" and the hang height of the REV10 is 11 9/16". The hang height of the current cans is 9". The mount on the REV series does seem to be more toward the leading tapered edge of the can so it will give a bit more clearance.

So my question: Does anyone know if a REV10 will work with the stock bimini? If not, will a REV8 let the bimini swing up and down. FWIW, my binimi is the old kind that attaches to the windshield frame. I lay it down into the cabin to put on the cover and I strap it infront of the current speakers when underway.

Thanks for all your help.