View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
I have same issue with mine 2012 X2 with the ilmore 6.0. Sometimes i try to start the engine, the starter only clicks. After some trys it work. After i told my dealer about this problem, he send me this troubleshooting sheet from mastercraft below. But i donīt understand how to fix this problem. I looked at the connections and everything looks fine like it should in the pictures. What do they mean with "relocate the clean power wire". I looked at this cable and its on the right position where it should. Has any of you an idea? Here are an pic from mine.
The way I read that is to move the clean power from the starter terminal over to where the starter connects to the battery switch, however, that is a poorly written service bulletin and is not very clear. I looked on the electrical schematic I have, but it doesn't break down the engine/starter circuit to tell where exactly each of the wires go. It also doesn't have any wires labeled as clean power, but I think they are referring to the 14 Ga Yel/Red (start) wire on the schematic.

If I were you, I would call MC directly and speak to their tech support to give complete clarification on which wire to move from where to where before doing anything.