View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Ok guys I have a logistical nightmare ahead of me. I'm on the brink of committing to having the interior redone by viper in maryville, tn. We are in Raleigh, NC but visiting some family in Spruce Pine, NC in feb. I'm highly concerned (to be mild) about towing an the boat that far period but Feb in the mountains sounds like a real ball buster. It shows me going

226 to 107
107 through Johnson City
Up by 26 to 81
81 o 129

Is this crazy to do in Feb? Roads decent or is this going to be one of those things I regret due to snow etc?

The plan would be to do it in 2 segments.
Raleigh to spruce pine-3hr 45 min
Spruce Pine to Maryville-3 hours
From Spruce Pine, drop down to I-40 and go west through the gorge. Interstate 40 will be kept clear if any bad weather. I have traveled that route many times. Come into Knoxville on I-40/I-75 (overlapping for a few miles), take I-140 east to mile marker 12 and exit there. Go south on Alcoa highway, past the Knoxville airport, bear right at the next main intersection and follow hwy 411 south for about 12 miles to Viper's place. Land mark for getting close to the place on the 4-lane (411) is two old tall barn silos on the left (going south). It's just on up the highway a few more miles on the left. Easy to miss but you'll know the place as you drive by it if you happen to miss it. No big deal.

Forget Johnson City. Damn that is a long way out of there and you're likely to hit more bad weather (if any at all) on that route. Typically, TN doesn't get much bad weather, nothing that the road crews aren't already on top of.

Viper's is outside of Maryville on down the road, so if you get through Maryville and wonder where the place is located, keep going on out into the rural area. You'll eventually get there. "Maryville" is misleading.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 01-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.