Thread: Easy fix?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild View Post
Actually Jim the actuator does allow the deck to go back too far. I've witnessed it and you are right that the hinges match the gouges exactly.

But the point of my recent post was to try and figure out a way to prevent it from happening again. I've had the spots sanded down and re-gel coated. It looks like new now. But I'm trying to get it where it doesn't gouge anymore. Thus I thought about putting some rubber bumpers or some silicone back there to keep the sundeck from hitting the gelcoat again. If I leave it as is, someone could let it go back too far and it will gouge the area out again.
Do you see two sets of mounting holes for the bracket that attaches the top of the cylinder to the under-side of the pad? I would remove the bracket and see if it has threaded inserts. If not, I would move the bracket farther from the back edge. That makes it open less but yu don't need to move it far.

For climbing into the storage area when servicing, I used a rope with a clip to loop around the T handle or the bracket that could be moved. I then pass the loop on the other end of the rope over the ball on the pylon. The rope was cut to length so it won't let the pad open too far.