View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think we don't have the FSI branding anymore since there were some uncharged "real" FSI in the beginning.

Yeah I meant DSG in the R, to be honest there is no real 'absence' of torque, but I'm just spoiled from the low end torque in my SL55 which I don't get to drive to much anymore since I own a Mastercraft But for changing mechanical parts on the engine, we need to get the car checked and reapproved in that case, that was to much of a hassle for me, also modifing more than a stage1 always comes with a louder exaust, which is no option for my everyday use.

or 4 wheel drive

this is what I'd love to own, but then again, you could get a much cooler car than a Golf for over a 100k Euro http://www.hgp-turbo.de/golf-vi-sonderumbau.html sorry its german
We have gotten away from the FSI designation as well. I'm not sure why they have kept the FSI engine on the Golf R. I know there are some mechanical refinements to it for the R-type in addition to tuning, which make it a definite improvement over the old FSI. I'm just wondering what the advantage is over a TSI with those same refinements, which presumably the TFSI in the Audis have. I also wonder if the R-type TSI has the improved PCV system.

Sounds like the TSI for 2013 or 2014 will be getting a new metal exhaust intake an extra injector in the manifold to deal with the carbon problems that typify direct injection-only engines. Of course, when the dealer had my engine apart at 50K miles, they told me that the carbon buildup on my valves (before they were replaced entirely for other reasons) was not bad at all.

Yeah, I'm guessing the low end isn't comparable to an SL55. But that isn't my basis for comparison (thankfully for my wallet).

I wasn't aware that the DSG wasn't an option on the Golf R in the US. Good, I say. I like having a man pedal.

A 3.2 biturbo would probably get the job done on all fronts.

I don't know what sort of exhaust comes stock on the Golf R, but there are plenty of people I have seen go to Stage 2 tuning without updating the catback exhaust, but, rather, just swapping the downpipe.

Then again, that might be an inspection problem for you in Germany.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 01-04-2013 at 12:40 PM.