View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Okay. Technically, you have what we have branded the "FSI." Still a 2.0T, but belt driven with a different intake path and different PCV system assuming Europe and the US have basically the same setup, if only differently tuned.

We do have the DSG as an option in the US from 2010 on (at least in the CC and GTI). Mine is a 6 spd manual, however. Just my preference. I don't notice an absence of torque or any issues with shifting as a result. The TSI 2.0T loves 4k--5k rpm. But, frankly, I think mine goes like crazy from 2K--5K. At about 6K, I think the K03 turbo has had enough. I have a modshack intake that helps quite a bit with the throttle response. I previously had an APR intake, but sold it because I think it causes a bit of hesitation for some reason.

There was a VW update for the DSG in around August 2012 that people over here were really happy about. I'm not sure if it is an improvement over a Tuner's DSG update though. I have a Unitronic Stage 1+ on my engine and am perfectly happy. If I really get on it, I can keep the tires turning loose through 3rd gear.

I need better tires.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 01-03-2013 at 09:33 PM.