View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 10:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
be very careful which wire you clip -- cuz you never know when clipping wires..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KuGizBjDXo
Wow! Thankfully, I don't carry that much jet fuel with me anymore. I will probably just throw some electrical tape over the wire, in case I need it for something else, like a ballast pump switch.

@ JimN, the new gauge comes prewired with an in line fuse, with one red and one black wire. I will have to splice the red and blacks from the boat to the new gauge. I am not really too concerned with the brightness of the lights, as I rarely go out at night with my boat, but I do want to make sure they will work. When I go out at night, it is usually to go fishing on my Dad's pontoon. I was actually talking with my bro in law tonight about putting strip lighting in my boat, but thought about how rarely I would even use them, so I am not going to waste my time or money with it.

BTW, below is the connector from the random wire that terminated to nowhere. Any ideas? It has both a red and black coming out of the end, which were both connected to the clock.

Actually, come to think of it, there was something installed above the gauge cluster before I ever owned the boat. I bet it goes to the former depth finder or something similar.

Last edited by CC2MC; 12-24-2012 at 11:13 PM.