Need a solid side for Christmas dinner?
FRENCH QUARTER GREEN BEANS
• 3 (9-ounce) packages frozen French-style green beans
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
• 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes (or chips)
• 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
• ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 (2 ½-ounce) package slivered almonds
Cook green beans according to package directions, drain. Melt butter in a Dutch oven (or large pan); add soup and cream cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in green beans, onion flakes, water chestnuts, garlic salt, pepper, and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1 3/4-quart casserole. Top with almonds; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier
I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula