View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxhideout View Post
I want something fairly aggressive so I don't outgrow it in a few months, and in case I want to compete.
If you want something you don't outgrow in a few months and considering the idea of competition, I'd suggest looking for something different than the Comp Freeride. HO's website describes that as a ski to have in every boat. It's designed for getting people up on a slalom ski. My experience with that type of ski is that it works well for getting up easily, but doesn't do as well as you begin to want to ski more aggressively. There are skis a level down from the high end stuff that aren't as stiff of a flex and may use more dampening materials in the core that would suit your desire for something that would grow with you a bit better. I know the price is attractive. But the phrase, buy once, cry once rings true here.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.