Thread: Maristar 200
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:03 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
For receational wakeboarding you're fine. For more than that throw in some ballast and this boat can take you pretty far. As noted the platform is pretty small, and it's hard to hang your fins off as you put your board on, as the sides of the platform are covered by the extended side of the hull. For an inboard boat the rough water handling is amazing. For manners near the dock, not nearly as nice as my S&S. If you want to slalom, throw 50-100 lbs as close to the nose as possible. We've been putting 2 50lbs bags of lead under the bow seat of my neighbor's SAN210TE against the throughbolts for the bow eye. Makes the wake as low and soft as my S&S, but a tad wider from speeds from 30-36. Keep in mind anyone getting past 28 off would encounter significant spray, but in my experience very few people skiing 32 or better would go behind any boat in the v-drive wakeboard, family use categories. For what you're describing I think this is a great general use boat, that can usually be had at a relatively reasonable price point.