View Single Post
  #6  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 PM
MikeyOrange88 MikeyOrange88 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Location: Southeast
Posts: 219
Yes, I actually did some contouring of the ends of the wood panel on the other side, but with there was still a large gap left, too much to take out that way. I spent the better part of a day 'woodworking' on it.

This is really part of a long term plan that includes addressing a leak either in the mufflers or the exhaust flanges/hose clamps. Mufflers look in good shape and I can't feel anything on them, but definitely getting a steady stream of water running alongside the starboard muffler. THose are coming out next.

I did also read the rudder thread you started and have added that to the list of things to do since I'm right there. I'm pretty sure it hasn't had anything done to it. I've already replaced the shaft packing with the gore-tex type.

The end game is to get the carpet replaced soon, planning on doing that myself. The carpet felt somwhat brittle so I just peeled it back to get to the bottom of the floor panel, rather than trying to remove it.

And then the biggy, new upholstery throughout. The original stuff is in pretty decent shape, but there are a couple small cuts/tears in some areas. After reading just about every thread on here it seems to get some ideas, I want to add a bit more design to it when it does get done.

Thanks for comment. I think the aluminum angle is a good way to address this issue.
__________________
1988 Tristar 190 Sport, 351W w/GT-40's, 1:1 Velvetdrive
Reply With Quote