View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethebt View Post
ECM is plug and play on the back of the engine. Not hard at all. It is probably an expensive part if you dont need it, so I would not suggest buying one unless you are convinced that is the issue.
Agree 100%

I would chase down all other sensors and sending units first before just throwing parts at it.

It very well could be an ECM but the last thing that you want to do is start throwing pointless money away. Its a lot easier to throw away money on pointless speakers that get used than buying sensors and replacing good sensors with new sensors or a good ecm changed out for a new one.

A compression check would only tell you for sure that the engine is still fresh.

I wonder if someone that is way smarter than I would have some kind of electrical schematic to measure voltage at the pins on the ecm when it is acting up. This kind of schematic would help you diagnose the problem correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....