View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
It doesnt sound that it is necessary to REBUILD that engine.

I would first do a compression check.

Next I would start with the fuel system and the ignition system. Honestly I would run the boat up to operating temperature on the trailer in the lake or on the hose at the house. I would make the boat do what it does and stop running and not restarting. DO NOT put yourself in a situation of being stranded on the lake in the winter months unless you have a for sure way of getting back via another chase or follow boat.

Then I would check fuel pressure, ignition spark, and do a real good overall check on the two systems.

I would be willing to bet that if you rebuilt your engine that you would have the same identical problems as you do now with a new power plant.

Save your money and check out the fuel system and the ignition system first. It may also be some kind of sensor that the LT1 has such as a Throttle position Sensor, mass air flow, or some kind of temp sensor or sending unit.

Also I would check to see if there is some kind of kink or some kind of blockage on the pickup in the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....