View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 500lbs of Lead.
My mistake 44, I was refering to the other video, and I really didn't mean any disrespect. I agree with you on your points, and I wasn't trying to blanket all the owners, just that a few who said they don't need more then stock followed up by saying they were not pro's.

The OP was however wanting to weight it heavy (like his VLX with 4k). All he wants was pic's of the wake. Seems like such a reasonable thing to ask for IMO. I wish all the manufacturers showcased the actual wake in videos and pics and didn't showcase everything on the boat BUT the wake. For some, NOT ALL, but for some, the wake/wave is one of the most important things in the boat. My previous boat was a Moomba, and I liked the boat but the wake was finicky at times weight wise, and it needed quite a bit of speed to clean it up especially with weight. There were not a lot, if any quality videos or pics and it was my first tournament boat so i didn't know much about the different wakes. I also didn't know that once I had kids I would want a wake that was clean at slow speeds for beginners (my 4 and 6 year old kids) and was easy to dial in. I love the fact that my X-30 fixes these issues and is a better for our needs.

I am in no way knocking the reviews by the members on here because there is definite value to them but for a non owner it will always appear that the review is through owners googles and pics/vids help. Its very easy to find wake pics of some of the boats that have "game changin"' wakes, yet others are next to impossible. It should be that way for all top tier models.