View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Curb weight is about 5300 pounds and your x-45 is 7800 lbs...

It's going to be close....I assume you have the heavy duty towing package.

#1 - Gravity...backing down the ramp you will the 60% of the weight pulling your tow backwards...so I suggest electric brakes on trailer

#2 - Get the best tires money can buy that will give you excellent traction characteristics - ask Thatsmastercraft here - he's the tire guy. Any debris sand gravel water slime will make you that youtube guy like Miss Rita writes. At least upgrade to bigger wheels and tires. And make sure there some nice weight over that back axel.

#3 - It's not the rolling that kills the transmission and rear end - it's the start.

#4 - If you can afford an X-45 upgrade that towing vehicle - at least to a 4-wheel drive...

Was in a 1999 chevy blazer backing down a ramp with prostar 205v. (not my car) some light gravel debris was on ramp. Surge brake on trailer useless when boat started dragging Blazer down ramp...we were almost those guys...usual tow vehicle was in shop. How did we get out? 2 10K Lbs straps connected to tow rings on blazer and to an F150 with a big 8 - and towing package..

Just my opinion..but don't be this guy..below
Attached Images