View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214 w/ mini tower mcx
Help: need input on new tow vehicle.

I want to find a replacement for my 2011 Tundra 4X4 crewmax. I love the truck, and it tows great, but I need something smaller. I live in a gated community near mid-town, in Houston. The driveways and streets in my neighborhood are very small and narrow, and my truck won't even begin to fit in our garage.

The replacement has to be able to tow my '08 Prostar 214 w/ tandem axle trailer, total weight est. +/- 5000k lbs, without any issues. I'd prefer a tow rating of at least 7500 lbs. since we tow a lot in the steep hills around Austin. I don't want to have any problems with stopping. I am assuming that I will be looking @ SUV's in order to get the size that I need. I will be driving this vehicle every day to work, so comfort is important, as well as MPG. My Tundra only gets 14 mpg in town, so that shouldn't be hard to beat. I don't have kids to worry about, but I like having the extra interior room of my crewmax. I would also like to stay in a 4x4, or at least AWD.

Here's the problem, I need to keep within a budget of +/- $35k. I am not against buying used, so that is alway an option. I work for a Toyota dealer, so my pricing for those is great, but I'm limited to the Tundra if I want a tow rating higher than 5k lbs. I like the VW Toureg in the TDI, but they are pricey.

The pics are of the Tundra to be replaced.

What would you suggest I look at? Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Images