View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Even though there is water in the pump housing, I err on the side of not starting the boat out of the water unless it is hooked up to a water source. If you are worried about your battery's state, just turn on the blower. If it sounds weak, you may want to check the battery. If it fires up loud as ever, you're probably good to go. You should be running the blower anyway, right?

Also, if you have a fair amount of down time between uses, a battery cut off switch is a good investment. My boats have always managed to have one sort of phantom draw or another that will drain the battery over time. The switch is cheaper and easier for me than chasing the source of the draw.

Also, we have a battery powered jump starter that we keep charged up and take on the boat with us. It isn't huge and is good insurance.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 11-09-2012 at 12:23 PM.