View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Hi,

my 1995 MC ProStar 190 has got 2100 hours. This summer problems, first it seemed only head gasket problem, but now opening the engine, seems that I should replace bearings, some machinery work, cooling tunnels not in so good shape, etc.

Replacing the whole engine could be not much more expensive.

Any idea is there anything special in these MC marine engines? Or I can just pick up marine base engine and put the external parts from the old engine? The Indmar programmed EFI computer will fit? Special camshaft etc. in the engine??

The engine is Chevy 350, EFI, 1:1 transmission, 275 hp. This was the base option in 1995.

How about this? http://www.michiganmotorz.com/350ci-...ent-p-122.html

Of if you know a place to order a new engine that will fit?

Thanks a lot for any answers!
Call Jasper. I used their engines several times and they not only have a direct-replacement for your engine, they come with a 3 year warranty.

Yours doesn't have a special cam or anything else. First thing I would do is call a speed shop in your area to find out what they can do. It's likely that you could get the same thing for less that $2799. All of the accessories will bolt on and the harness goes on the same as your engine.

As long as you're not doing anything that's really custom, it won't be hard to re-power without a lot of screwing around.

I would recommend using a GM reman engine but they specifically state that marine use doesn't come with a warranty (maybe they changed that since I read their brochure).