Thread: New SS Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X45 and 89 barefoot 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
Rock Harbor has built a place for a eatery/bar, so Blue Moon will live again. The owner needs to work out who will run the place. Next year I am hoping some eatery will be in there.
On going downtown - carry the gas with you and refill once downtown. Cheaper and time saving. I will carry 5 gals next time, just in case.
Thanks on the boat comment - she was sunk in the flood (along with everything else I owned); engine was toast and had her rebuilt from the block outward. This winter I am hoping to recarpet her and do some electrical items.
ps- I am the first dock coming out of Commodore - give a shout if your close
After I asked the question I got online and own the Rock Harbor website it says Blue Moon coming soon. Also noticed that commodore yacht club sells fuel to public. I didn't know that. I have always just gotten fuel from Rock Harbor. I'm glad to here the restaurant will reopen the wife and I had said that we would like to cruise up and eat dinner.
As far as the trip to downtown. I'm at river marker 155, commodore yacht club is at 172, Rock Harbor is at 175 and downtown is at 191. 36 miles one way (I would presume that is nautical miles) which would really mean 41 miles. I would definately stop going and coming and top off the fuel. I had planned to carry 10 gal extra just in case.
If we decide to venture up sometime next summer I will try and get in touch. Maybe we could cruise over to Rock Harbor and have a couple cold ones.