Thread: New SS Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff shelton View Post
I have been curious if I would be able to make that trip on a tank of fuel in my boat (1990 prostar 190 with 454). I drove up to commodore yacht club and back at cruising speed and used around half a tank. Would definately have to fuel up at rock harbor. I would top it off going and coming just to be safe.

I might have to make the trip next yr during cmt fest. Before the flood we would take the X45. We would have a blast.

Has anyone reopened the restaurant at rock harbor or have you heard of any plans to reopen.

Nice boat. Glad she is running strong after the flood.

Rock Harbor has built a place for a eatery/bar, so Blue Moon will live again. The owner needs to work out who will run the place. Next year I am hoping some eatery will be in there.
On going downtown - carry the gas with you and refill once downtown. Cheaper and time saving. I will carry 5 gals next time, just in case.
Thanks on the boat comment - she was sunk in the flood (along with everything else I owned); engine was toast and had her rebuilt from the block outward. This winter I am hoping to recarpet her and do some electrical items.
ps- I am the first dock coming out of Commodore - give a shout if your close