View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84starsandstripes View Post
It seems like when I'm at about 80% throttle or higher and come off the throttle hard to about 10% or less I get an excessive amount of water coming in from the back right. It has to be above the floor line since it **seems like it comes from behind the seat.....

My neighbor with the '83 seems to think it's just coming from above the rubrail or perhaps over the side but it just seems a bit hard to believe, especially since I did it Sunday morning with only me in the boat (+175LBS and no cooler!)

With that said, the boat in general seems to take in VERY little water, the bilge stays very low on water so there is no way it's a constant leak.

Has anyone experienced this??

Thank you in advance!!!!!
Peter in OZ has a valid point.

If you're all about finding the leak, pull the rear seat, the rear fuel cell cover panel, remove the engine cover, and pull the rear center floor section. Take it out on the water and get a friend to look for a leak. First place I'd look is the drive shaft packing gland, and have new graphite packing handy...

Next place I'd look is the exhaust hose to transom connection, then I'd look for a hole in the muffler(s).

Next place I'd consider is the platform brackets that are mounted with lag bolts into the transom. Water pushing the platform when slowing can open up a loose lag bolt....

The neighbor also has a valid point but that is usually at slower speeds...

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 08-27-2012 at 09:17 PM.