View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I am expienced at painting houses but I think I would farm out the paint job if I was to go that route.

My real issue with going back to paint is the longevity of th paint job. The current one has a ton of rock chips from trailering the boat. It really takes away from the great paint job on the rest of the boat.

I have the same issue with the wraps as I suspect that I would need to paint or sand out all the little nicks before they could apply it, and also not sure how long it would last due to any new rock chips it would get.

The bottom of the boat is still old gelcoat and the paint only looks a few years old, maybe 4. I found some fine furnitiure stripper that contains no Methelyne Cloride, that I think I am giong to give a try for some of the over spray spots, and see if I can clean up the current paint job a bit for the rest of this season.

I am also going to see if I can figure out how thick the paint is. It would be great if it was only a coat or two. I am pretty sure by the look of the rock pits it should sand off fairly easily.

Last edited by College Kid; 08-18-2012 at 12:35 AM.