View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Truck Fuel Mileage

I purchased my '09 King Ranch F150 a year ago with 30k miles on it and I have the 5.4L engine in it. 4X4 and all of the KR goodies.

Ok so I added the K&N air filter element to it over the weekend and instantly picked up 2 mpg.

I went up to 18.2 mpg and most of my driving is on the highway. I usually drive at least 35,000 miles per year so everything counts.

Does anyone know what kind of computer programer tuner would work the best. I know how to use the tuners and how they work but I have been away from the auto industry for 10 years now and have not kept up with who has the newest, latest, greatest, programers now.

Has anyone used a programer on the 5.4 and what was the outcome. I am interested if the gains are worth buying a programer. Loaded down with boat gain vs unloaded gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....