Alright, so I recently got a '87 PS 190 in just alright condition. Besides the carpet/upholstery, the big $ items are fine I believe. Here are pics, and a barrage of questions! Disclaimer #1: I know the boat trailer looks like trash, but for the price I got the boat/trailer for, I don't care! It's functional for the moment. :-) Disclaimer #2: I know the interior also looks like trash... and I will be taking care of the upholstery shortly! I've got a local guy who does excellent jobs at very reasonable prices to do it here in about a month or so, including new wooden sideboard frames. Also, the funky stufff on the boat's top edges is the adhesive left over from where a previous owner stuck some type of grip material. It was ugly, and now unfortunately has left dark marks on the white gelcoat.
- Has anyone seen a garden hose connection to the raw water intake like the one pictured? I have seen people rigging their own to run in their driveway with a bucket, but haven't seen one like this where it looks pre-made. Safe to use to run in the driveway, or should I still run a hose to a bucket full of water, and keep the bucket full?
- In the same picture as the garden hose connection, I'm sure you can see a different hose is broken. I believe it is the blower hose. Can someone confirm? I've got this on order http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i00
- Any special issues to watch out for installing just a regular marine radio in the dash and four speakers in the sideboards? I've got everything ordered, including 50' of this 14AWG marine tinned speaker wire: http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/ANC...th+Shield.html two sets of these speakers http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 and this receiver http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
- I know it's a small thing, but almost all of the cup holders are gone! I've got one left, and it has a crack in the bottom of it. I'd like to get all new ones. Any idea where to get them? They're just plastic inserts that sit down into the hole it appears.
- As you can see there is a chip in the blue gelcoat on the stern, starboard side. It's not high priority right now or me to fix, but if anyone has good sources for a kit to match the gelcoat well, please let me know.
- Regarding the oxidation on the stern, does it look bad enough to merit wet sanding? As you can see the original decals were replaced, and I'm afraid I won't be able to get rid of the fading unless I wetsand. Any suggestions? If I do wetsand, my only confusion is whether to do it by hand or not. I cannot find any hook and loop wet sandpaper though, so I'm assuming it's done by hand. This also applies to the dark spots where the adhesive was on the top edge of the boat on the white gelcoat.
I apologize for my ignorance on these things, but this is one of the reasons why I joined this forum. TIA to whomever has some advice!