07-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Welcome to the money pit. Nice looking machine.
Originally Posted by sxerob
....rebuild the carburetor.
I'd replace the carb with a new one. Rebuilds are cantankerous but work for a while. I have a good instruction PPT file it for need it.
Here are a few things I want to get done on the boat:
* Hinge for the shot gun seat - right now its held open by a bungie chord. Any ideas on this?
I'd leave it like it is. I have been using these models like that for years. Each to their own...
* 12 volt Outlet - Has anyone done an upgrade?
* Fiberglass/gelcoat repair - I was thinking of using Bonda Glass to fill the bigger chips. Then Gelcoat kit.
* Boat Buddy Trailer Hitch - That swing arm is a PITA to work with.
Learn how to use the bar with the correct trailer depth and technique for loading and that bar will be your best safety friend for life. Boat buddy is going the wrong way for conveninece and safety in my opinion. I wouldn't be without a bar.
* Hitch Repair - The gear broke and needs to be replaced
?? What gear on what hitch??
* Cup Holder on the engine cover - not sure about this but it might be cool.
See SkiDog's latest accessory for drink holders. The 84 engine cover really doesn't have a place designated for drink holders. Leave it original.
* Gas Tank Cover - the piece between the tank and the rear seats has broken loose.
* Fuel Sending Unit/Fuel Gauge
Replace the entire fuel sending unit this winter. Moeller makes these replacements as the OEM provider..
* [b] Add a Subwoofer[b]
Nice addition.. .consider a second battery too.
Hypocrites, boot lickers, and crybabies…the world is full of them…. just look around - near-by
Duraflap / Kaydenco aren't worth a hoot
Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8
Originally Posted by Thrall
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."
RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....