I have been lurking here for the past few weeks. Like the attitude and conversation going on with you guys. Thanks for the wealth of information so far.
Here is the skinny: I am recently married (after being with my wife for 8 years prior) and instead of going on a trip, the wife and I decided to spend that money on a boat. We came across a great deal and purchased what we have names "The Honeymoon" or "Honey" for short. This boat has been very well maintained and runs very well. Here are some shots.
We took her out for the maiden voyage this weekend. It ran very strong for the most part. However, when the boat would get warm, idling was very poor. I was told by the PO that the only thing he was going to do this summer, if he kept the boat, would be rebuild the carburetor. From what I have read so far, the carb (a Holley 4160) is prob very dirty and needs a new power valve. I have ordered a kit from Mike's Carburetor Parts that should be at my house by the weekend. I also had a mishap with the fuel gauge that tied in to the poor idle condition which lead my to think I had ran out of gas. The gauge is intermittent so sometimes is read empty when there was about a half a tank left. I read how to fix the sending unit, which seems easy, so I will address that as well. Other than that, the experience this weekend was awesome.
Here are a few things I want to get done on the boat:
* Hinge for the shot gun sea
t - right now its held open by a bungie chord. Any ideas on this?
* 12 volt Outlet - Has anyone done an upgrade?
* Fiberglass/gelcoat repair
- I was thinking of using Bonda Glass to fill the bigger chips. Then Gelcoat kit.
* Boat Buddy Trailer Hitch
- That swing arm is a PITA to work with.
* Hitch Repair
- The gear broke and needs to be replaced
* Cup Holder on the engine cover
- not sure about this but it might be cool.
* Gas Tank Cover
- the piece between the tank and the rear seats has broken loose.
* Fuel Sending Unit/Fuel Gauge
* [b] Add a Subwoofer[b]