View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 08:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
This looks awesome! Can you explain what you did there with the motorbox vent/cupholders? I really like the look of it and the vent itself doesn't age the best.
I asked what was possible for restoring the old device. I knew a thin vinyl could be steamed, adhered and wrapped over the two pieces and drop in SS cupholders but had concern for endurance of adhesive to keep a vinyl overlay in the contoured bevel around the edge.

Carl agreed it wouldn't last and offered to build a trim piece wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl. We discussed merits of a vent and hardware options available. I chose to run without it since no newer boats have vents and sealing it would make the back seat db a little better for conversations between backseat riders and driver. With a 600 cfm carb, I wondered if there would still be enough air for the engine to breathe and did have the old device sent back just in case or could easily add a new aluminum vent. There's no shortage of air flow from the rear vents, skied it right after delivery and it ran just like it did before.

Here's a closeup.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ryan; 09-21-2012 at 01:36 AM.