View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 ProStar 190
1996 Prostar Dash Panel Replacement

Now I wanted to update the old look of the dash panels, and really didnít want to just paint them. I searched on the web for a company that could give them a new look, and I found Tecnografic in Florida (search them). I had written to them, and Marc responded and at my request sent me a sample of a carbon fiber panel that I was thinking of after looking at the website. It came pretty fast, and I realized that with my interior colors and new gauge colors, the carbon fiber just didnít look right, so I had them do it in Maserati Burl. They can silkscreen labels, and I had that done for the engine and transmission warning lights, but I replaced all the switches with labeled ones so I didnít need those panels silkscreened. The panels came back fast and an absolutely amazing job was done! Iím not sure exactly what the process is that they use, but Iíll attach a picture to show the quality of the returned panel even at the edges. Once installed, they look great coupled with all new Teleflex gauges and Carling switches, as you can see. I have a new wheel on order that closely matches the burlwood look, and I canít wait to get that installed, along with a depth gauge thatís sitting on my bench waiting for a location TBD.
Attached Images

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."