View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Jeffer's Avatar
Jeffer Jeffer is offline
TT Enthusiast
Join Date: Feb 2010
Boat: 1996 ProStar 190
Location: S.CA.
Posts: 156
For the holes completely broken out, I cut pieces of a DVD case (roughly the same thickness of the dash) and PC7 epoxy'ed them into place after drilling a hole and setting the star nuts (I had them all, still stuck on the dash panel screws) into the holes and aligning them. After the epoxy dried, I cut pieces of fiberglass cloth and glassed them on the backside to further strengthen them (I thought I had taken pictures of that, but hadn't). Also, I cut strips of thick gasket material and Gorilla Glued them to the portions of the dash where the forward attachment pieces were, then laid fiberglass cloth and fiberglass over the glued section. This gave me a flexible "bracket" to attach to the inside of the dash to strengthen the mounting at the front edge of the dash.
Attached Images

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."
Reply With Quote