View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
I seem to be having some electrical gremlins.. I am getting a zero reading on the ammeter and the battery will obviously not recharge. I've gone through the wiring on top of the block and it is an absolute nightmare, spliced and crimped all the way to the harness. I got my hands on a wiring diagram, purchased electronic ignition from pertronix (the II edition), a new solenoid just in case, and a new ballast resistor. I am not seeing the ballast resistor on the wiring diagram, nor was it hooked up on the boat. Will I still need that with the electronic ignition? I am getting nothing on the gauges currently as I think something became fried.. How do I reset the 40a breaker on the back? Would that even be necessary?
I have the Pertronix Ignitor II and the Flamethrower coil. With that combination, Pertronix says not to use the ballast resistor and mine works great that way.

Electrical connections on an old boat are all suspect. I would start by disconnecting every connection you can, cleaning it up, and re-assembling it with a dab of dielectric grease to keep the corrosion out.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***