View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM
TT Enthusiast
Boat: n/a
First of all, thanks for all the responses. And now as far as more details go, right now I haul the boat (about 6500lb i think) 2-3 times a month on a trip ranging from 30-60 miles and I plan on taking it about 4 times a year on a trip about 200 miles down the road so I could see hauling about 1000 miles a year. The terrain here is not Colorado mountainous by any means but I do live in the Ozarks so it gets pretty hilly at times. I don't have any kids that I know of so back seat room really isn't an issue at this time.

And as far as why I'm even considering trading, I have these concerns....1. Trade it now because after 100K miles resale value typically takes a huge hit. 2. If I keep it, I can see having to plug about $2,500 into the 4runner in the not so distant future (new tires, 90K mile service, recommended transmission cooler, weight distribution hitch), whereas if I bought new, this $2500 could go directly into a vehicle already possessing or not needing these things. I love my Toyota and never thought I would even think about another brand, but I'm just not sure the Tundra has the proven track record of the other brands but it doesn't mean I can't be persuaded otherwise. One thing is for sure, I definitely don't want to hurt my 4runner and sometimes I'm afraid I may be overdoing it hauling something this heavy. Anyway, those are the things that have me weighing my options.

Originally Posted by onebadrubi View Post

Hogwild, your screen name anything to do with the razorbacks? If so where do you live? I am from Arkansas and graduated from the U of A.
Yes it most certainly does. I live in Fayetteville and am a Razorback fan through and through. WPS!!!
What year did you graduate?

Last edited by Hogwild; 06-26-2012 at 08:06 PM.