Got more work done yesterday and today. Cleaned the throttle control. All the metal levers with tons of corrosion got a healthy does of a wire wheel on a bench grinder, and interior of the mechanism received brand new grease. I primed and painted all the metal outside parts. I went by home depot and picked up new stainless machine screws, had to cut them down 1/8th inch, and reassembled the whole thing. I thought about getting the throttle itself re chromed, but opted for simple sand, prime and paint. Its all black, and I kinda like it. Heres a before and after.
Plan on working towards getting the vents, rest of windshield, and swim platform brackets off next time and get them off to powder coating. I'll also look into marine grade plywood, for the floor boards and other components and work on that while I wait for the motor to be finished at the machine shop. They are cleaning the block, heads, and intake, and doing a valve job. I'll be reassembling the whole thing. Additionally, I just made a purchase of 2 exhaust manifolds, a carb, raw water pump, circulating water pump, distributor, and alternator on ebay. Hopefully get those sometime next week and can work on cleaning that stuff up. The alternator and distributor are extras in the deal, but they are likely in better condition than mine, so Im crossing my fingers that they are in good functional shape as well.