Time for the fiberglass swim platform repair
Not sure what the former owner was thinking, but all the screws pulled from the brackets so he put some random welcome mat pad on the platform, then drilled holes through the fiberglass and into the brackets. On top of that, there were many dock dings in the corners and edges - pretty much everything you'd expect from a 1996.
So I started the project by removing the brackets and repainting them, then removing the pad with a scraper and using gel coat repair for the bashed corners. I wet sanded the areas and sprayed them white (I did not need to cover the center section since I was replacing the pad). I ordered a template kit from Seadek and drew out what I wanted, sent it back along with my color choices (to match the new interior). While I was waiting, I reused the existing bolts into the old brackets, but set them deeper on top and leveled the top with gel coat as well.
Once the pad came (that took about 5 weeks), I watched their easy-to-follow video instructions to clean and apply it, and got a great-looking finished platform. The pad was $220 (you get a credit for the template once you order your pad). I'd have preferred a teak one, but I'm keeping what I got. Next projects are the bimini top canvas replacement and the dash/gauges, which I'll post as well.
1996 Prostar 190, LT1
"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."