View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisonsbrodie View Post
225-250 is ideal through the center of the course, but needs to be wider on the ends to get the proper slope and turning radius regardless of island or not. The turn island helps with not only the continuous turn-arounds, but also when you drop, because you take off heading away from the course and go around the island before you head down course, which eliminates the possibility of bow rollers (which are ever so present in MC's. ETS, you don't have to worry about bow rollers because fortunately your current boat doesn't have them). FWIW, I too prefer to drop and do so 99.9% of the time

Also, The deeper you go out to the balls, the wider the lake has to be to get the proper slope.

The biggest tournament lake around here is 300 by 2200 with no turn islands and it gets blown out a lot. It sits right next to one that is 225 down the center, 300 on the ends (with turn islands) and 2000 feet long and it gets much more use.

I assumed a barbell shape. Make it longer and no need to start off in a turn.

Good point about deep out to the balls requiring more width for a good slope.

I still say go long and plant lots of trees to deal with the wind.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.