View Single Post
  #9  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
jab jab is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Boat: Mastercraft, X1, 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr1 View Post
Do you have any pictures of the new actuator? What brand did you go with? I called about getting a replacement shock and bushings for mine, but was told I had to buy the whole actuator assembly for $712.67. Yea, No Thanks Mastercraft ...
I only took a couple pictures of the trailer prep, it took me a little over an hour of using a grinder with a cutoff wheel and a sanding disc to get to this point. Drilling the holes for the new coupler was more work.

Here is my parts list if anyone needs it.
http://www.etrailer.com/p-T0777300.html
http://www.etrailer.com/p-T4842100.html
http://www.etrailer.com/p-T4748800.html
http://www.etrailer.com/p-T4839100.html

Total parts were under $400 and I can actually get inexpensive repair parts now, for instance, the master cylinder is only $50. One thing to note is the interchangeable hitch balls are too big for this coupler, the standard stainless or chrome fit fine. Two different interchangeable hitch balls measured at 2.010". We also had to change the pigtail electrical harness because the wire casing inside the plug was deteriorating, our local MasterCraft dealer stocked that. Be sure to use teflon tape on the brake line connections, leaks are a pain. We used a rubber stopper from the hardware store and an air compressor set at 10-15 psi to pressurize the brake system to flush the lines, it worked great.
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote