Sorry for the delay! Since my last update I've:
- Installed the Ford Racing cast aluminum valve covers with new gaskets and longer studs
- Installed a new thermostat and thermostat gasket
- Ordered a bunch of Trident hose without realizing I needed the reinforced variety
- Ordered a bunch more Trident hose of the reinforced variety (that stuff isn't cheap)
- Replaced my water separator filter
- Replaced my fuel filter
- Replaced my spark plugs
- Replaced my spark plug wires
- Shored up my spark plug wires using the "zip tie trick" (pictures below)
- Reinstalled my freshly painted manifolds with fresh gaskets and new manifold bolts
- Found a Gates belt to replace the old ratty one that was there
I still need to:
- Wait for my reinforced hose to arrive!
- Reinstall my freshly painted risers
- Wait for the powdercoater to finish the pylon & other metal interior pieces
A little progress, but a mess of spark plug wires.
Saw this trick on PowerBlock TV. Wrap a zip tie around the wires and then wrap zip ties between them. Snug them up and trim the ends. Makes for a really neat job, for very cheap!
Cleans things up very nicely and appeals to my OCD.
Freshly painted manifolds.
Gates variety alternator belt.
I can't figure out how I'm going to tighten the hex head riser bolts that I got from skidim. The wrench barely has room to swing. Especially on the valve cover side!