Thread: X25 Only
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 XStar 8.1L Indmar, 2012 X25 6.0L Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver14 View Post
Was this all aftermarket or did mastercraft play some role in it. I would like to get the same setup. where did you get it etc.

I took this upon myself, my dealer gave me a number to who they recommend but I paid for it after I took delivery of the boat. This was the original Mastercraft Bimini frame that we modified which was very easy to do and can easily be duplicated. The frame was cut and extended forward 18" and the lower down struts were completely new because the old were not long enough. Like I said earlier, I had the shop make extra adjustment holes in the strut so that I could move the Bimini with the tower no matter which position it is in. Also, all the factory mounting locations were still used. 'The canvas is top of the line "Sunbrella" material and sinches to the frame the same way as the factory with one shuttle difference being the front of the Bimini is Now a zipper versus Velcro which looks much better and aids in squaring it up to set the Velcro on the sides. I paid $700 for this custom Bimini extension and the company is here in Southern California.

Past Boats-
2006 XStar
2004 Eliminator 28' Daytona
2000 Eliminator 22' Daytona