View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Pork Chops with Fennel and Caper Sauce

Makes 4 servings

cup olive oil
4 2-inch-thick boneless pork chops (about 2 pounds total)
teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning meat
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning meat
2 small fennel bulbs, stalks and fronds removed, thinly sliced crosswise (about 2 cups)
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
2/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
cup dry white wine
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, with their juices
lemon, zested
2 tablespoons drained capers

instructions

Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the pork from the pan, cover loosely with foil, and set aside. Add the fennel, shallots, and 1/3 cup of the chopped parsley to the same skillet and cook over medium heat until the fennel is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the wine. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, then return the pork to the pan, nestling the chops between the fennel and tomatoes so they are mostly submerged in the pan juices. Cook until the fennel is tender and the pork is done, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the pork to a serving dish. To finish the sauce, add the lemon zest, remaining 1/3 cup of chopped parsley, capers, and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon over the pork chops and serve immediately.

Never worked with Fennel? This might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j76-x...feature=relmfu

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :