Thread: Green Egg Grill
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 03:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
I just joined the club this weekend. Funny story, I was heading out to the Egg store just to "look" at their offerings. While on my way out, my wife came home from getting her oil changed. She told me that she went into the store next door while waiting for her oil change and she was looking at these "Green Egg" grills and thought maybe we should get one. We didn't plan this or talk about it before at all. Just a coincidence. So, instead of just looking, I went and bought one.

Had fresh grilled grouper filets Saturday night, and seared some steaks last night (with mesquite chips) using the recipe that came with the grill. Both excellent. I should have bought one of these years ago. Now I'm going to re-read this thread to learn all you guys' secrets. Next purchase will definitely be a plate setter.
Get you some cedar planks and grill up some fresh salmon. We also do salmon and eggs on the EGG. Add cheese and a homemade artichoke sauce and serve on a croissant. This recipe is in the Big Green Egg cookbook which is well worth the price. Good Luck.