View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 10:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjahn View Post
Whats crazier is I have virtually the same repair on my anke (although I broke and dislocated it; so it was sticking out about 12" above where it should have been. BUT... I did it in a pretty wicked racing accident where I suffered other injuries. I am just happy to be walking without a gimp, although I know when the weather is changing now (37 years old) - no one can even tell unless my anke is showing with the MUCH larger bone sticking out

I do have a question though... I just got back on skis after a decade since the accident...and had no trouble (What a blast!). But I still havent been able to find a set of snow skis (I have gone to the dark side: Snowboarding) nor rollerblades that fit without insane pressure on the anke bone where the really long screws are..... This winters project is to remold the boots using a torch and pressure....

Family is all medical; and everyone I talk to say it is riskier to go under and go though surgery again to get all the hardware removed...

Just wondering what others have experienced with this situation. (thought I was alone!)
I was lucky it was in a binding and my ankle straightened back out immediately after it broke.

I was also told I had the option to remove the hardware but they suggested not too unless it was constantly painful. Which its not. But I did have to take some padding out of my bindings where the screws are, and my right ankle is larger than the other one and regular boots fit differently.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams