View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Own a 78 MC S&S
Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Spooky,

That's way to weird. Maybe we can both sue MC since we both own 1994 ProStar 205's, and we both broke our ankles while wakeboarding? I was 40 when it happened and was in no way doing your type of trick, but it was a jump I have been doing for years. Just got way out of shape and broke all (they said) three bones in my left ankle.
The hospital saved my binding by unscrewing the sides instead of cutting it, so I still use the same board and bindings. It did however, affect my ability at wakeboarding but mostly from a mental state... Plus the screws get pushed on when I tighten the binding too much.

Some pics: I think we have a case!!
Whats crazier is I have virtually the same repair on my anke (although I broke and dislocated it; so it was sticking out about 12" above where it should have been. BUT... I did it in a pretty wicked racing accident where I suffered other injuries. I am just happy to be walking without a gimp, although I know when the weather is changing now (37 years old) - no one can even tell unless my anke is showing with the MUCH larger bone sticking out

I do have a question though... I just got back on skis after a decade since the accident...and had no trouble (What a blast!). But I still havent been able to find a set of snow skis (I have gone to the dark side: Snowboarding) nor rollerblades that fit without insane pressure on the anke bone where the really long screws are..... This winters project is to remold the boots using a torch and pressure....

Family is all medical; and everyone I talk to say it is riskier to go under and go though surgery again to get all the hardware removed...

Just wondering what others have experienced with this situation. (thought I was alone!)