View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft PS197 TT, #31/100, MCX 5.7L
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ky View Post
I totally disagree on hand position iv'e been I'm LFF and my left palm is up. Carl Roberge ski school dialed me in a long time ago
Spooky: This is an interesting comment...and please don't take my responses below in the wrong way!

Why would you "totally" disagree with majority of the top water skiers in the world that are using the handle grip that correlates to which foot is forward on their ski?

I am guessing you were "dialed" in over 10 years ago, since Carl Roberge's ski school closed about that time (maybe because he didn't change his hand grip , just kidding!). I remember when I was taught to slalom a "long" time ago, the only guidance I received was to hold the ski handle using a baseball grip/whichever way was more comfortable...no discussion on why. I believe Thomas Moore gives a pretty good explanation in his video on the benefits of a proper grip.

I'm sure, if you are a course skier, you have noticed there have been "numerous" changes over the years in skiing techniques...slow/fast at the buoy, west coast style, pull as hard as can, light on the line, etc, etc.

This is an evolving sport, new ideas all the time. Try the new grip, it actually may improve your buoy count; it did for me! mac
2005 ProStar 197TT, #31/100; Tournament PB 1.5 @ 38 off, June 2012