View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ky View Post
Well I'm 39 years old been skiing for 30 years. been wakeboarding since 1994. I finally got my first boat this past July. Everything's great got dialed in slalom and my wakeboarding inverts back (after 2 year hiatus).

I broke my ankle 2 weeks ago on a basic back roll (trick I've been landing for 10 years). Cause I go TOO excited trying to show off and WAY over rotated bounced and then hit hard hyperflexing my foot breaking the Talus bone. one time I wish my boots had come off but they didn't

Now I'm boat driver but good news is my 7-year old son just landed his first wake-to-wake and he just learned in July.

Thanks for listening....
Spooky,

That's way to weird. Maybe we can both sue MC since we both own 1994 ProStar 205's, and we both broke our ankles while wakeboarding? I was 40 when it happened and was in no way doing your type of trick, but it was a jump I have been doing for years. Just got way out of shape and broke all (they said) three bones in my left ankle.
The hospital saved my binding by unscrewing the sides instead of cutting it, so I still use the same board and bindings. It did however, affect my ability at wakeboarding but mostly from a mental state... Plus the screws get pushed on when I tighten the binding too much.

Some pics: I think we have a case!!
Attached Images

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams