Originally Posted by TeamIDFC
I like the sound of that... Couple of questions if you don't mind...
1) Was there any tricky plumbing needed? Is there a clean route from the KGB to the bow?
2) Does it drain cleanly as well as filling?
Plumbing was actually pretty easy after I thought about it for a few minutes...
There are 2 vent lines off the KGB - why? I have no idea. But, they go to the thru-hull vents below the windshield; one port, one starboard. So, what I did was this:
- Disconnect the starboard vent line from the KGB bag.
- Tape an end of the new fill/drain line for the IBS to the "KGB end" of the starboard vent line with duct tape.
- Remove starboard bow cushion, locate starboard vent line under helm, pull line up through floor until you see the duct tape joint and the new line appear. (You may need to fiddle with the hose at the KGB end if it binds on anything.)
- Cut duct tape off, and connect IBS fill connector fitting (straight) to end of new hose under helm.
- Cut old vent line to appropriate length to be IBS vent line, and connect IBS vent connector fitting (90 degree) to freshly cut end of old vent line.
- Install IBS under seats. Connect fill and vent connectors.
- Use short chunk of old vent line and a 3/4" hose plug to plug off starboard vent line connector on the KGB.
- Cut the KGB fill line directly below hull drain access hole.
- Connect 3-way valve to KGB, IBS, and KGB pump so it diverts water from the KGB pump to either the KGB or the IBS. This makes the valve easy to access - just spin the access port open.
- Fill KGB. Fill IBS. Surf.