View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 12:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay4au View Post
Well, the '94 has had the engine totally rebuilt. They have all the paperwork. Has a new steering cable, new starter, pumps, new carpet, seats have all been recovered and has a 2010 dual axle MC trailer. I agree that it's high. They actually want more than that! This is what I'm getting them down to. Rediculous!! The boat really does look showroom new, but I keep telling them that it's STILL a 17 year old boat. Not sure if I'll buy it or not. And it does have the fiberglass "euro" platform. I'm not crazy about that either! Love the teak wood. I told them I couldn't see paying that much for a Mastercraft and having to take along a battery powered radio so I could listen to tunes. Not too cool. Just thinking about it. Thanks for all the input!
How many hours on the boat? Usually all that work means that the boat was neglected at some point, but it sounds like it is pretty clean now. I would still offer them less for a 1994 but the stereo won't be much of a bargaining tool. I like the new dual axle trailer, so that's a plus. The euro platform takes some getting used to after owning two larger teak platforms. To me the porpoising is a BIG issue, I ski over 30 MPH and I barefoot. With 4 or 5 people in the boat I can not correct the problem by moving people around, I had to glue a nylon wedge to the bottom of the transom until I fork out the $$$ for a trim plate. Post some pitures....everyone likes pictures.